It's time to review another Restaurant

It's time to review another Restaurant

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I am Craving a Real American Beef Hot Dog



One of the downfalls about living here in Beautiful Merida, Yucatan, is that I can not find some good American Style Beef Hot Dogs.



A few months ago, my Brother George sent me this photo of three Sabrett Beef Hot Dogs, with mustard ,on a plate with Crinkle cut French Fries that he was having that night for dinner.



He was getting back at me for posting a photo on Facebook I took of some Spaghetti Bolognese, I had made the night before.
I was now dying for a good beef hot dog, and needed to find one ASAP.
I am sorry to say, I could only find Turkey and Chicken Hot Dogs, from a street cart.
I was desperate, what could I do, and so bought a Hot Dog from a street cart in Col Maya,and let me tell you, it was so bad, that I could not finish it. And the Hamburgers the carts sell, please Kill me, I am in shock when I look at what they call Hamburgers, it looks like a paper coaster you put glass on.

I have tried so many Hot Dog carts, and none sell Beef Hot Dogs. The closest that I come to it, is making my own pork hot dogs that I buy from Sam's Club.

First I boil them, then I grill them, and I make some New York Style suited Onions.

Here is a photo of the Pork Hot Dogs I made.



I do not understand why nobody sells Beef Hot Dogs here, I hate them rubbery Turkey or Chicken hot dogs that everyone one sells.

Oh how I long for a good Beef Sabrett Hot Dog, with Sauerkraut




I have tried Sam's and they do not sell them, just the Pork ones.

Please, does anyone here in Merida, know where I can buy Beef Hot Dogs, so I can make a real Hot Dog.



3 comments:

  1. Most supermarkets sell Johnsonville hot dogs...their Jaapeno/Cheddar dog and a Leon Negra is as close as I've come to a Spicy Sabrett and a Brooklyn Lager.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not going to believe this, but I just had a pretty decent hot dog at...Costco, of all places. They have a little fresh (?) food area outside the store, that sells footlong all-beef hot dogs. Topped with mustard, chopped raw onions, and jalapenos, I was pleasantly surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NY Chef, where are you shopping?? for a long time Costco have sold an all beef at their food court, 24pesos with drink. In the states their all beef is Hebrew National but here I think the brand is Obrian, imported from the states by Costco. You wont find anything like this on the street as they are to expensive for any vendor to sell, Sams club does not have them. They are better than sabretts.

    ReplyDelete